I am a final-year PhD student at School of Computing, National University of Singapore, supervised by Prof. Roger Zimmermann and Prof. David S. Rosenblum. Thanks to the supervision of Prof. Yu Zheng and Dr. Junbo Zhang, I started my research career at Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA) and graduated from Xidian University. I have published ~40 papers in refereed journals and conferences, such as TKDE, KDD, NeurIPS, WWW, ECCV, IJCAI, AAAI, MM and UbiComp. According to Google Scholar, my publications have collectively gathered 1,700+ citations, with h-index of 19 and i10-index of 28. Among them, three papers (GeoMAN, ST-MetaNet and STMTMVL) were selected as the most influential IJCAI/KDD papers according to PaperDigest, which indicates their significant impacts on both industry and academia. I also serve as a PC member (reviewer) for some top-tier conferences, including KDD, ICML, ICLR, NeurIPS, WWW, CVPR, ECCV, IJCAI and AAAI.
I have been recognized as 1 out of 10 most innovative and impactful PhD students focusing on Data Science in Singapore by Singapore Data Science Consortium (SDSC) in 2020. My research interests mainly lie in
- Spatio-temporal (ST) data mining: ST representation learning, time series forecasting, ST imputation, AI for social good (e.g., transportation, human mobility, environment, climate), physics-informed learning.
- Graph mining: learning graph representations (e.g., directed graphs, temporal graphs), GNN pruning.
- Computer vision: video understanding, image recognition, image/video super-resolution, geo-localization.
I am currently seeking for job opportunities in both academia and industry. If you are interested in my research or hiring me, please feel free to contact me. Thank you!
|2022/11/20||One paper about large-scale air quality prediction via Transformer was accepted by AAAI’23.|
|2022/11/03||One paper about learning mixed-order relationships in ST graphs was accepted by TKDE.|
|2022/10/15||I will attend CIKM’22, ECCV’22 and SIGSPATIAL’22 in person. Hope to meet you at the conferences!|
|2022/08/23||Two paper about periodic/contrastive learning for ST data were accepted as oral papers by SIGSPATIAL’22.|
|2022/08/03||One paper entitled Efficient Trajectory Classification using Transformer was accepted by CIKM’22.|
|2022/07/29||I was honored to receive the Dean’s Graduate Award from NUS. Thanks Roger for the nomination and supports!|
|2022/07/04||One paper about efficient video transformer was accepted by ECCV’22.|
|2022/07/01||One paper about geo-orientation was accepted by ACM MM’22.|
|2022/05/20||One paper about sequential recommendation was accepted by KDD’22.|
|2022/04/15||I was awarded The 23rd China Patent Excellence Award.|
|2022/03/01||Three papers were accepted by NAACL’22, IEEE Access and IJCNN’22.|
|2022/02/24||ST-MetaNet was selected as Most Influential KDD Papers.|
|2022/02/24||Two spatio-temporal AI papers (GeoMAN and stMTMVL) were selected as Most Influential IJCAI Papers.|
|2021/07 - 2021/12||Research intern @ Sea AI Lab (SAIL), Singapore|
|2018/11 - 2019/04||Full-time research assistant @ National University of Singapore, Singapore|
|2018/01 - 2018/09||Algorithm engineer intern @ JD.COM, Beijing, China|
|2017/01 - 2018/01||Research intern @ Microsoft Research, Beijing, China|
|2015/12 - 2016/09||Research intern @ Microsoft Research, Beijing, China|
Selected publications [See more]
- AAAI’23[New] AirFormer: Predicting Nationwide Air Quality in China with TransformersIn Thirty-Seventh AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2023
- SIGSPATIAL’22[New] When Do Contrastive Learning Signals Help Spatio-Temporal Graph Forecasting?In Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems, 2022
- WWW’21Fine-grained urban flow predictionIn Proceedings of the Web Conference, 2021
- KDD’19Urbanfm: Inferring fine-grained urban flowsIn Proceedings of the 25th ACM SIGKDD international conference on knowledge discovery & data mining, 2019
- IJCAI’18GeoMAN: Multi-Level Attention Networks for Geo-sensory Time Series Prediction.In International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2018
- KDD’19Urban Traffic Prediction from Spatio-Temporal Data using Deep Meta LearningIn Proceedings of the 25th ACM SIGKDD international conference on knowledge discovery & data mining, 2019
- IJCAI’16Urban Water Quality Prediction based on Multi-Task Multi-View LearningIn Proceedings of the 25th international joint conference on artificial intelligence, 2016
- NeurIPS’20Digraph Inception Convolutional NetworksAdvances in neural information processing systems 2020
Conference program commitee member & Reviewer
CVPR’23, ICLR’23, WWW’23, AAAI’23, ICASSP’23
KDD’22, NeurIPS’22, ICML’22, ICLR’22, ECCV’22, IJCAI’22, AAAI’22, SDM’22
KDD’21, NeurIPS’21, ICML’21, ICLR’21, AAAI’21
NeurIPS’20, AAAI’20, ECML-PKDD’20, SPATIALDI’20
Data mining: TKDE, TMC, IMWUT, TIST
Artificial intelligence: TNNLS, TASLP, Neurocomputing, TMLR
Interdiscipline: T-ITS, Transportation Research Part C, Sensor Journal
Dean's Graduate Award, NUS, 2022.
The 23rd China Patent Excellence Award, 2022.
SDSC Dissertation Research Fellowship, 2020 (1 out of 10 most innovative and impactful PhD students focusing on Data Science in Singapore by the Singapore Data Science Consortium.)
Outstanding Winners of The Interdisciplinary Contest in Modeling, 2015
CCF(China Computer Federation) Elite Collegiate Award
The star of graduates in Xidian University (10 out of 4917)
ACM/ICPC Shaanxi province silver medal
Research Scholarship at NUS: 2019-2023
National Scholarship (four times): 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
National Scholarship for Encouragement: 2014
Attending DiDi Elite Forum 2021
Conference travel grants for SIGSPATIAL'22, CIKM'22, AAAI'20, KDD'19, SIGSPATIAL'17